Saturday, October 29, 2011

Our Journey West

When we finally knew we were moving to California Eric drove out with one car to start working while I worked in Dallas for a week. Then Mom, EJ and I made the drive from Colorado to California with stops in Grand Junction and Vegas.



Aunt Betty (my dad's sister) lives in Fruita, Colorado (next to Grand Junction) and she hosted us for one night of our road trip. She is such a kind woman and EJ fell in love with her two dogs. It was great seeing her and catching up her life and family. She treated us to a gourmet breakfast and sent us on our way.

Our next stop was Las Vegas. Mom treated us to two nights at the Paris Hotel.






EJ was in awe of the lights and all the action. I thought it would be overwhelming for him but he did a great job. He had lots of fun playing games at Circus Circus and he loved the Bellagio water show.



We celebrated EJ's birthday with dinner at the top of the Eiffel Tour. We could see the Bellagio water show from our table and EJ did a fantastic job dining at the exclusive french restaurant.






Our other night in town we ate at Bobby Flay's restaurant and it was memorable too. No pictures but I must say the food was incredible!

No comments:

Post a Comment