Saturday, October 29, 2011

Baseball

Fall practice is in full swing (pun intended)! Last weekend was Homecoming so Eric planned an alumni game and BBQ.

We are the UCSD Tritons. A Triton is "a sea god, son of Poseidon and Amphitrite, depicted as having the upper parts of a man with a fish's tail and holding a trumpet made from a conch shell." I had to look it up when I first got here.

Here's the outfield and score board at the field.



Here's the set up for the BBQ that Eric organized. He brought in Phil's BBQ and it was incredible. Some of the best ribs I've ever had. And yes, we have palm trees at the baseball field!



Practicing before the BBQ. Eric is the one throwing the ball. He's been very pleased with the quality of play he's been seeing on the practice field.



Pep talk that must have worked. They won 4-2 in a very spirited game.

No comments:

Post a Comment