My mom got an offer for free airplane tickets to Omaha so she invited me and the boys to join her. She knew how much it would mean to me to go back to Lincoln and visit the friends we left a year ago. I was so touched by her sweet offer. Mom flew to San Diego to take care of the boys while Eric and I celebrated his 40th birthday and then we flew to Omaha together the next day.
EJ & Jack on the luggage cart at the hotel. Boys love anything with wheels!
My friend, Kelly, hosted us while we were in Lincoln. I met Kelly two weeks after I moved to Lincoln. She was my nurse when I had EJ. We hit it off and became friends. She didn't have any children then but now she has three adorable kids! Even though she has three kids ages four, two and 12 weeks she welcomed us into her home and was a wonderful host. She's amazing!
Here's EJ, Sami & Jack. Sami is a beautiful girl with a sweet heart. Her and EJ hit it off so Kelly and I may end up in-laws in 20 years!
Here are our kids. Between the two of us we had five kids in five years! What a blessing!
The newest of the crew....Jack and Drew. John Andrew and Andrew Joseph. We put the two "Andrews" in matching outfits! They didn't have any say in the matter but we sure loved it!
We also got to visit our house in Lincoln and our neighbors. Here's EJ with Jayden. It was so great to see her and her family again. We also saw our house. The new owners let us come into the house and walk through. We had been in touch by email over the year so it was fun to meet them. They are a sweet family with two young boys. The house looks the same as we left it. EJ didn't seem to remember any of it but it was great for me to be there without all the drama and heartache of packing and leaving.
I didn't get any pictures of our friends Jeff and Andi but we got some good time with them. We saw the new house they are building and they treated us to a great dinner at one of my favorite Lincoln restaurants. They got to meet Jack and EJ got to reunite with their dog Cluny who he loves!








No comments:
Post a Comment