Eric's 40th birthday fell on a Monday. We had a fun-filled weekend with family but I still wanted to celebrate on his actual birthday.
On the morning of Eric's birthday I got up early with the boys so he could sleep in. We got in the car in our PJs (and stompez slippers!) and went to Krispy Kreme to get Eric a birthday doughnut (and a dozen more!). EJ asked why we had to go through the drive through and not go in to to get our doughnuts. I told him that mommies in their jammies weren't allowed...lol!
As I was preparing for Eric's birthday, I thought it would be fun to have a night away from home (read: no kids). Last year when we were looking for a place to rent we had stayed one night at a really neat hotel with fun water slides and an amazing view. I had got the place on priceline.com with a really "low" bid. I thought it would be fun to go back there again this year. So, I got on Priceline.com and I bid on a four-star hotel in the same area and right before I clicked on "submit" I prayed and asked God for the same hotel. Amazingly, a few seconds later I got a confirmation and it said the same hotel I had prayed for! I was SO excited! When Monday came, Eric had to work so I took EJ and his friends to swim and slide all afternoon and then texted Eric the address where to meet us for his "surprise birthday." In the meantime, my mom flew into town to watch the boys overnight.
The small slide was a piece of cake for EJ. He even went down head first!
EJ was so afraid to do the "big" slide. I waited for him at the bottom and after the first time he wanted to keep going....over and over again!
I didn't get anymore pictures after this. We sent the boys home with my mom and Eric and I went out for a great dinner in Little Italy and then slept for 10 hours straight! The first time we've slept through the night since before Jack was born. It was blissful!



No comments:
Post a Comment