Thursday, September 13, 2012

Eric's 40th Birthday Weekend

Eric turned 40 in style! 
His mom and brothers came to town to celebrate. The guys played golf at Torrey Pines on Friday while Carol, the boys and I did party preparations.   
Here are some pictures when we met up for dinner on Friday night.
Here's the scene for Eric's 40th birthday party.  It was at the La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club, the only private beach in San Diego.  One of Eric's friends is a member and treated us to a fun night on the beach.  It was so fun to have tables and chairs on the beach just a few feet from the water.
Here we are as the party is getting started. I have a great mother-in-law & sister-law.  Carol provided the dinner for the whole party. We really appreciate her generosity!

 Carol and I are so excited for the next Newman baby!  Kellie is about 16 weeks in this picture.  She was glowing beautifully!

Carol and I had to "grill" the dinner so the aprons seemed like a fun way to give Eric a little bit of a hard time.  He took it well.

Eric had lots of friends and family attend. Here are a few pictures. 
Uncle Tim, Aunt Lynn & Allison's husband, James
Cousin Allison & Brother Brian

Cousin Lauren, her husband Kellen & me

Friends Will & Lisa
Friends Vernon & Tali

Andy, Kellie, Lauren & Allison.  We are so happy to live near such fun family members!


We had lots of kids at the party.  I brought each one a red bucket to play in the sand with.  The beach is a great place to keep kids busy!

Here's the kids' table.  Kellen grilled all the hot dogs for us which was a huge help as we got dinner ready for the adults.


Here's Kellen having some fun with his son Charlie.  I know from our experience how much little boys love being thrown in the air.


The sun hadn't come out in three days so I prayed that we would see the sunset and thankfully my prayer was answered.  The clouds broke and we saw a beautiful San Diego sunset. 


Eric's Aunt Lynn and Cousin Lauren made their fabulous chocolate cake and our friend Tali brought Butterfinger Blondies and Smores. The desserts were amazing!


After the sun went down we sang Happy Birthday to Eric and enjoyed the desserts.  Eric had a great time and was so thankful for all of his friends and family who made his birthday so memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment