
I've been lied to...a lot!
I've been lied to by my friends and my family...a lot!
Alas, it was for a VERY fun reason. My amazing sister-in-law, Kellie, planned and exquisitely executed a surprise baby shower for me on the patio of an incredible restaurant near the La Jolla Shores Beach. I really had no idea which is so cool because Eric generally can't keep a secret. :-) Here's Kellie with one of the prizes for the fun game we played.

By vocation, Kellie is a marketing specialist which was obvious by all the sweet and amazing touches she put into the shower. She could be a professional party planner! She made delicious cake pops, beautiful decorations, a wishing tree and a diaper cake. The cake topper was a soccer ball "wee wee tent"--hilarious!



The guests included Eric's mom, aunt, and cousins, Kellie's mom and sisters, the other coaches' wives and my friend Charity. Kellie also tracked down friends across the country who sent gifts. Ali made the invitations that were in the form of a book telling a story about our love of reading and asking party goers to bring a favorite book. I was so touched by the outpouring of love.

Here is half the table of guests and some of the gifts that I received. I'll be sure to add pictures as I collect them from the other cameras that were there.



This is Oliva, her husband works with Eric. She has two boys who EJ loves hanging out with at the ballpark.



Oh how sweet!! What a special blessing!!! Yes, having a sister can be amazing.
ReplyDeleteThis is the best story ... How I wish I could have been there !!!
ReplyDelete